Rochester, N.Y. – Jewish Senior Life will host the LeadingAge’s 2014 Art Competition and Exhibit, featuring works created by seniors, the disabled, and the people who take care of them from all across the state.
Seventy pieces of art were chosen from over 300 submissions this year, the 23rd year of the Exhibit. The artists are residents of non-profit and public nursing homes and other care organizations, along with staff and volunteers. Twenty-seven residents of the Jewish Home of Rochester received awards for their artistic submissions, eight of which will be included in the traveling art exhibit. The Jewish Home is honoring these winners in a celebration on May 14th from 1:00-4:00pm. The LeadingAge Art Exhibit is free and open to the public at the Jewish Home of Rochester, 2021 Winton Road South, from 10 am to 3 pm, May 7 th through May 23rd, 2014.
“The Jewish Home is one of five locations across New York State to display the exhibit. The last time it was a traveling show was in 2010”, says Robert Whiteside, Creative Arts Therapist at the Jewish Home. The 2014 LeadingAge New York Art Exhibit is sponsored by Spring Line Design, East Greenbush, NY.
About Jewish Senior Life:
Serving people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, Jewish Senior Life is guided by the values of honoring family and emphasizing aging in place—allowing people to remain in the place of their choice longer. Jewish Senior Life is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care on a single campus:
- The Summit at Brighton for independent living;
- Wolk Manor for assisted living;
- The Lodge at Wolk Manor for assisted living memory care;
- The Jewish Home of Rochester for long-term, transitional, and memory care;
- Transitional Care at the Jewish Home for short-term rehabilitation;
- Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation;
- Marian’s House daytime retreat for those with memory loss; and
- a variety of community programs and services such as Living Well Companion Care and Physician House Calls that enable people to age and live safely, either on campus or another place that they call home.
Jewish Senior Life is the only senior care provider in the Rochester area to offer Life Care, a program which eliminates worries about unforeseen care needs and medical expenses throughout the full continuum of care.
Jewish Senior Life is CARF accredited for its high quality and customer satisfaction, and has been named a 2017 Top Workplace by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Jewish Senior Life is a member of the Alliance for Senior Care of Greater Rochester, Leading Age, Leading Age New York, and the Association of Jewish Agency Services.
For more information, please visit www.jewishseniorlife.org.