Rochester, N.Y. – Jewish Senior Life is pleased to announce the graduation of Maria Fitzpatrick from the first class of the LeadingAge New York IGNITE Leadership Academy, a year-long leadership program providing tomorrow’s leaders with the tools they will need to be outstanding in their organizations. Maria has been employed with Jewish Senior Life for 14 years and is currently Therapy Manager of Rehabilitation Services.
“Maria is a high performer with great potential for Jewish Senior Life‖, says Mike King, Chief Operating Officer. ―She currently leads the operations of our Rehabilitation Service Line and the IGNITE Academy has helped her develop key leadership skills she will need to continue to improve our outstanding rehabilitation programs.””
The IGNITE Leadership Academy was established in 2013 by Leading Age New York, a statewide association of over 600 non-profit organizations that provide senior care, services and housing to New York’s growing aging population. The IGNITE Leadership Academy teaches participants how their own thinking and values are key components to developing their own qualities of leadership. In addition, they acquire the tools to help them work with teams, build successful teams and collaborate.
About Jewish Senior Life:
Serving people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, Jewish Senior Life is guided by the values of honoring family and emphasizing aging in place—allowing people to remain in the place of their choice longer. Jewish Senior Life is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care on a single campus:
- The Summit at Brighton for independent living;
- Wolk Manor for assisted living;
- The Lodge at Wolk Manor for assisted living memory care;
- The Jewish Home of Rochester for long-term, transitional, and memory care;
- Transitional Care at the Jewish Home for short-term rehabilitation;
- Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation;
- Marian’s House daytime retreat for those with memory loss; and
- a variety of community programs and services such as Living Well Companion Care and Physician House Calls that enable people to age and live safely, either on campus or another place that they call home.
Jewish Senior Life is the only senior care provider in the Rochester area to offer Life Care, a program which eliminates worries about unforeseen care needs and medical expenses throughout the full continuum of care.
Jewish Senior Life is CARF accredited for its high quality and customer satisfaction, and has been named a 2017 Top Workplace by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Jewish Senior Life is a member of the Alliance for Senior Care of Greater Rochester, Leading Age, Leading Age New York, and the Association of Jewish Agency Services.
For more information, please visit www.jewishseniorlife.org.