Rochester, N.Y. – Jewish Senior Life announces the election of the following Officers and Directors of the Board of Jewish Senior Life 2014-2015:
Ted Axelrod was elected Chairman. Mr. Axelrod has served on the Jewish Senior Life Board for four years, most recently as Vice Chairman. He is the owner of TME Innovations, LLC.
Honorable John J. Ark was elected Vice Chairman. Judge Ark is a New York State Supreme Court Justice and has served on the Jewish Senior Life Board of Directors for many years.
Sharon Underberg was elected Secretary. Ms. Underberg is Assistant General Counsel and Vice President of the Legal Department at Eastman Kodak.
Michael Cooper was elected Treasurer. Mr. Cooper is First Vice President of UBS Financial Services and also serves as Vice President on the Jewish Senior Life Foundation Board of Directors.
Mark Kolko is the previous Chair. Mr. Kolko has served on the Board of Jewish Senior Life in various roles since 2004.
In addition, Lawrence M. Becker and Steven R. Gersz were newly elected to the Jewish Senior Life Board of Directors. They will join 19 existing board members who are continuing their terms of service.
About Jewish Senior Life:
Serving people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, Jewish Senior Life is guided by the values of honoring family and emphasizing aging in place—allowing people to remain in the place of their choice longer. Jewish Senior Life is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care on a single campus:
- The Summit at Brighton for independent living;
- Wolk Manor for assisted living;
- The Lodge at Wolk Manor for assisted living memory care;
- The Jewish Home of Rochester for long-term, transitional, and memory care;
- Transitional Care at the Jewish Home for short-term rehabilitation;
- Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation;
- Marian’s House daytime retreat for those with memory loss; and
- a variety of community programs and services such as Living Well Companion Care and Physician House Calls that enable people to age and live safely, either on campus or another place that they call home.
Jewish Senior Life is the only senior care provider in the Rochester area to offer Life Care, a program which eliminates worries about unforeseen care needs and medical expenses throughout the full continuum of care.
Jewish Senior Life is CARF accredited for its high quality and customer satisfaction, and has been named a 2017 Top Workplace by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Jewish Senior Life is a member of the Alliance for Senior Care of Greater Rochester, Leading Age, Leading Age New York, and the Association of Jewish Agency Services.
For more information, please visit www.jewishseniorlife.org.