Jewish Senior Life announced that Mike King has been named president and CEO. King has served in a senior leadership role with JSL for 10 years, most recently as chief operating officer. He is succeeding former president and CEO Dan Katz. King had been acting president and CEO since January. In his new role, King has announced three other senior leadership promotions. Joel Weiss has been named senior vice president of advancement. Weiss has guided the successful “Power of One” campaign that is supporting the transformation and expansion of JSL’s Brighton campus and community services. Susan Bussey has been named senior vice president of housing. She has guided JSL’s operations at The Summit at Brighton, an independent living community; Wolk Manor, an assisted living community; and The Lodge at Wolk Manor, a specially designed assisted living community for memory care. Michele Schirano has been named senior vice president/administrator of The Jewish Home of Rochester and will now lead operations at the home, including nursing services. Schirano was most recently vice president of nursing services.
- Jewish Senior Life Employee Honored as Professional of the Year by LeadingAge New York
- New York nursing homes distribute COVID booster shots as omicron variant enters U.S.
- Jewish Senior Life Employee Honored as Employee of Distinction by LeadingAge New York
- Brighton celebrates opening Hanukkah night with menorah light parade
- Sharing The Light: Local Organizations Hosting Chanukah Car Parade and Menorah Lighting