A fair number of the 1,100 people who work at Jewish Senior Life came to Rochester from non-English-speaking countries. So, as a part of its employee wellness program, the agency is lending extra support with English language classes and tutoring to help them adjust to life in a different country. Since 2006, BOCES adult education instructor Ray Marks has been teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages at the Jewish Senior Life campus in Brighton. He has worked with nearly 70 employees in English, science and mathematics, preparing some for the GED exam.
- 3 ways to evolve your staffing model
- Meet Your Doctor – Brenda Baratta, M.D.
- Jewish Senior Life Physician House Calls Program Grows to Meet Increased Demand for Home-Based Medical Care
- Rochester RHIO, Jewish Senior Life partner to share data
- Residents and Students Come Together to Celebrate Chanukah