A fair number of the 1,100 people who work at Jewish Senior Life came to Rochester from non-English-speaking countries. So, as a part of its employee wellness program, the agency is lending extra support with English language classes and tutoring to help them adjust to life in a different country. Since 2006, BOCES adult education instructor Ray Marks has been teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages at the Jewish Senior Life campus in Brighton. He has worked with nearly 70 employees in English, science and mathematics, preparing some for the GED exam.
- Rochester RHIO and Jewish Senior Life Partner to Share Data and Build a Better Patient Record
- Jewish Senior Life Launches Mobile App Enhancing Communication for Residents and Families
- Jewish Senior Life Honored As ETHIE Finalist
- “Better Together” Entering Fourth Year with Early Momentum
- Jewish Senior Life and Heritage Christian Services Partner to Offer Internships for People With Disabilities