A fair number of the 1,100 people who work at Jewish Senior Life came to Rochester from non-English-speaking countries. So, as a part of its employee wellness program, the agency is lending extra support with English language classes and tutoring to help them adjust to life in a different country. Since 2006, BOCES adult education instructor Ray Marks has been teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages at the Jewish Senior Life campus in Brighton. He has worked with nearly 70 employees in English, science and mathematics, preparing some for the GED exam.
- New visitation guidance for NY nursing homes welcomed by some loved ones, advocates
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Updates
- Jewish Senior Life Recognizes Employees for Providing Exemplary Care
- Jewish Home of Rochester Recipient of The Legacy Heritage Foundation Grant
- Jewish Senior Life Earns LGBT Care Platinum Level Designation