A fair number of the 1,100 people who work at Jewish Senior Life came to Rochester from non-English-speaking countries. So, as a part of its employee wellness program, the agency is lending extra support with English language classes and tutoring to help them adjust to life in a different country. Since 2006, BOCES adult education instructor Ray Marks has been teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages at the Jewish Senior Life campus in Brighton. He has worked with nearly 70 employees in English, science and mathematics, preparing some for the GED exam.
- Living Well Companion Care Announces Lynne Pabrinkis Hired as Business Operations Manager
- Jewish Senior Life Celebrates New Staff Lounge
- Taking a look at Jewish Senior Life’s Neurobehavioral Rehabilitation Program
- $83M investment brings enhanced living at Jewish Senior Life
- Rochester In Focus: Mike King from Jewish Senior Life