A fair number of the 1,100 people who work at Jewish Senior Life came to Rochester from non-English-speaking countries. So, as a part of its employee wellness program, the agency is lending extra support with English language classes and tutoring to help them adjust to life in a different country. Since 2006, BOCES adult education instructor Ray Marks has been teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages at the Jewish Senior Life campus in Brighton. He has worked with nearly 70 employees in English, science and mathematics, preparing some for the GED exam.
- Jewish Senior Life and Heritage Christian Services Announce Project SEARCH Intern Graduation
- Jewish Senior Life Honors Achievements at Annual Gala
- Jewish Senior Life Launches mySuccess Short-Term Rehabilitation Program to Meet Growing Need for Post-Acute Care
- Heritage Christian Services’ Employment Alliance strong and growing
- Jewish Senior Life honored 93 employees for almost 1,000 years of service