A fair number of the 1,100 people who work at Jewish Senior Life came to Rochester from non-English-speaking countries. So, as a part of its employee wellness program, the agency is lending extra support with English language classes and tutoring to help them adjust to life in a different country. Since 2006, BOCES adult education instructor Ray Marks has been teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages at the Jewish Senior Life campus in Brighton. He has worked with nearly 70 employees in English, science and mathematics, preparing some for the GED exam.
- Jewish Senior Life’s Jane Knickerbocker Honored as a Woman of Excellence
- Jewish Senior Life’s Jackie Felker Honored as a Health Care Hero
- Jewish Senior Life Named Great Place To Work® For Second Year In A Row
- Area nursing homes using new technology to keep residents safe
- Five Star Rated: The Jewish Home