Music can be another very powerful tool for older adults — connecting our brains to life events and helping us recall various memories. Jewish Senior Life offers the MUSIC & MEMORY program that brings music into the lives of seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive and physical challenges. With help from family, certified staff members create and provide personalized playlists using iPods and related digital audio systems that enable those struggling with memory disorders to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories. These music selections tap into emotions and special events that are unique to an individual, which otherwise may have been lost.
- Nationally Recognized Speaker Barbara Waxman to Speak at Jewish Senior Life Foundation Women’s Council “Bloom” Event Oct. 29
- Newsweek recognizes the Jewish Home of Rochester as one of “America’s Best”
- Jewish Senior Life Announces Artist-in-Residence Program
- Jewish Senior Life Recognizes Exceptional Customer Service at 2019 Leon Rosen Awards Luncheon
- RIT Saunders College of Business partners with Jewish Senior Life to study innovation in elder care