Music can be another very powerful tool for older adults — connecting our brains to life events and helping us recall various memories. Jewish Senior Life offers the MUSIC & MEMORY program that brings music into the lives of seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive and physical challenges. With help from family, certified staff members create and provide personalized playlists using iPods and related digital audio systems that enable those struggling with memory disorders to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories. These music selections tap into emotions and special events that are unique to an individual, which otherwise may have been lost.
- Jewish Senior Life Board Members Selected for Nationally Recognized Jewish Leadership Program
- Jewish Senior Life Announces David Pasternack Appointed as Jewish Senior Life Foundation’s Executive Director
- 3 ways to evolve your staffing model
- Meet Your Doctor – Brenda Baratta, M.D.
- Jewish Senior Life Physician House Calls Program Grows to Meet Increased Demand for Home-Based Medical Care