Music can be another very powerful tool for older adults — connecting our brains to life events and helping us recall various memories. Jewish Senior Life offers the MUSIC & MEMORY program that brings music into the lives of seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive and physical challenges. With help from family, certified staff members create and provide personalized playlists using iPods and related digital audio systems that enable those struggling with memory disorders to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories. These music selections tap into emotions and special events that are unique to an individual, which otherwise may have been lost.
- Rochester In Focus: Mike King from Jewish Senior Life
- Jewish Senior Life’s Outpatient Rehabilitation Hosts Parkinson’s Education Event
- Jewish Senior Life’s Neurobehavioral Rehabilitation Program Brings Families Back to Rochester
- As Silver Tsunami Hits, More Seek to Age in Place
- Jewish Senior Life Named Great Place To Work®