ROCHESTER, N.Y. February 28, 2017– The Jewish Home of Rochester announced that it has been ranked among the top ten percent of nursing homes nationwide by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Five-Star Quality Rating.
“This is a reflection of the hard work and dedication to high-quality care our staff provides to the people we are privileged to serve,” said Michele Schirano, Senior Vice President and Administrator of the Jewish Home.
Ratings are based on more than 180 regulatory standards designed to protect residents, including having superior staffing levels, and achieving high performance on 16 clinical quality measures. CMS created this rating system to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes.
“We’re proud to be recognized as an elite skilled nursing provider. However, our commitment to excellence and innovation does not stop here,” said Michael King, President and CEO of Jewish Senior Life. “We’re focused each and every day on improving the care experience and ensuring that we are providing an atmosphere that supports meaningful lives for our residents.”
The Jewish Home of Rochester offers long-term, transitional, and memory care at Jewish Senior Life. For more information about Jewish Senior Life’s continuum of care and community-based services, please visit Jewish Senior Life online.
About Jewish Senior Life:
Serving people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, Jewish Senior Life is guided by the values of honoring family and emphasizing aging in place—allowing people to remain in the place of their choice longer. Jewish Senior Life is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care on a single campus:
- The Summit at Brighton for independent living;
- Wolk Manor for assisted living;
- The Lodge at Wolk Manor for assisted living memory care;
- The Jewish Home of Rochester for long-term, transitional, and memory care;
- Transitional Care at the Jewish Home for short-term rehabilitation;
- Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation;
- Marian’s House daytime retreat for those with memory loss; and
- a variety of community programs and services such as Living Well Companion Care and Physician House Calls that enable people to age and live safely, either on campus or another place that they call home.
Jewish Senior Life is the only senior care provider in the Rochester area to offer Life Care, a program which eliminates worries about unforeseen care needs and medical expenses throughout the full continuum of care.
Jewish Senior Life is CARF accredited for its high quality and customer satisfaction, and has been named a 2017 Top Workplace by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Jewish Senior Life is a member of the Alliance for Senior Care of Greater Rochester, Leading Age, Leading Age New York, and the Association of Jewish Agency Services.
For more information, please visit www.jewishseniorlife.org.