ROCHESTER, N.Y.— May 18, 2017 — Marie Aydelotte, M.D., Medical Director at Jewish Senior Life, has been promoted to Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Rochester. In her role as Associate Professor, she teaches medical students, residents and other trainees. She is also involved in scholarly projects such as Jewish Senior Life’s Rotenberg Center for Excellence in Palliative and End of Life Care.
Dr. Marie Aydelotte is responsible for overseeing Jewish Senior Life’s Medical Department.
Dr. Aydelotte completed her M.D. degree at the University of Connecticut, and her residency in Internal Medicine and a Fellowship in Geriatrics at the University of Rochester. Dr. Aydelotte is a board-certified Geriatrician and is also board-certified in Internal Medicine and Hospice/Palliative Care.
About Jewish Senior Life:
Serving people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, Jewish Senior Life is guided by the values of honoring family and emphasizing aging in place—allowing people to remain in the place of their choice longer. Jewish Senior Life is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care on a single campus:
- The Summit at Brighton for independent living;
- Wolk Manor for assisted living;
- The Lodge at Wolk Manor for assisted living memory care;
- The Jewish Home of Rochester for long-term, transitional, and memory care;
- Transitional Care at the Jewish Home for short-term rehabilitation;
- Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation;
- Marian’s House daytime retreat for those with memory loss; and
- a variety of community programs and services such as Living Well Companion Care and Physician House Calls that enable people to age and live safely, either on campus or another place that they call home.
Jewish Senior Life is the only senior care provider in the Rochester area to offer Life Care, a program which eliminates worries about unforeseen care needs and medical expenses throughout the full continuum of care.
Jewish Senior Life is CARF accredited for its high quality and customer satisfaction, and has been named a 2017 Top Workplace by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Jewish Senior Life is a member of the Alliance for Senior Care of Greater Rochester, Leading Age, Leading Age New York, and the Association of Jewish Agency Services.
For more information, please visit www.jewishseniorlife.org.