ROCHESTER, N.Y., October 26, 2017— Jewish Senior Life held a “Food Truck Rodeo” for staff to show its appreciation for the hard work and dedication involved with making the opening of its new Green House Cottages a success.
Six popular food trucks were onsite for staff to gather for a celebratory meal, commemorating all of the planning and training that made the Green House Cottages possible, and the support that they provided one another through the process.
“Since residents began moving into the Green House Cottages in September, employees have been working to help residents unpack and get settled,” said Michele Schirano, Senior Vice President and Administrator of the Jewish Home. “Our employees were committed to making our residents feel comfortable and welcome in their new homes. We’re very proud of our team.”
With the nine new homes, Jewish Senior Life will be the third largest Green House community in the nation.
This event was just one way that Jewish Senior Life shows its appreciation for the work its staff does for residents and families each and every day.
About Jewish Senior Life:
Serving people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, Jewish Senior Life is guided by the values of honoring family and emphasizing aging in place—allowing people to remain in the place of their choice longer. Jewish Senior Life is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care on a single campus:
The Summit at Brighton for independent living;
- Wolk Manor for assisted living;
- The Lodge at Wolk Manor for assisted living memory care;
- The Jewish Home of Rochester for long-term, transitional, and memory care;
- Transitional Care at the Jewish Home for short-term rehabilitation;
- Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation;
- Marian’s House daytime retreat for those with memory loss; and a variety of community programs and services such as Living Well Companion Care and Physician House Calls that enable people to age and live safely, either on campus or another place that they call home.
Jewish Senior Life is the only senior care provider in the Rochester area to offer Life Care, a program which eliminates worries about unforeseen care needs and medical expenses throughout the full continuum of care.
Jewish Senior Life is CARF accredited for its high quality and customer satisfaction and has been named a 2017 Top Workplace by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Jewish Senior Life is a member of the Alliance for Senior Care of Greater Rochester, Leading Age, Leading Age New York, and the Association of Jewish Agency Services.
For more information, please visit www.jewishseniorlife.org.