ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 26, 2019 — Jewish Senior Life today announced the opening of its mySuccess® Short-Term Rehabilitation program—an evolution of its previous transitional care program—now with 33 percent more capacity, additional state-of-the-art therapy equipment, all private rooms and hotel-like amenities. The expanded program will meet a growing need for specialized post-acute care and provide patients with an unmatched recovery experience following a hospital stay.
“We’re setting an example of what the future of care can and should look like,” said Mike King, President and CEO of Jewish Senior Life. “Our highly personalized, comprehensive approach considers the whole person, so patients and their families can have peace of mind in knowing that we have the right staff, the right services and the right environment to ensure patients have a speedy and effective return home.”
mySuccess short-term rehabilitation is increasing capacity from 68 patients to 88 patients, making it the largest post-acute care provider in Monroe County. This expansion builds off of several years of transitional care growth at Jewish Senior Life, including its two specialty service lines which were added in the last three years— myPath for stroke rehabilitation and myHeart for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. These specialty care lines will continue at the expanded mySuccess short-term rehabilitation program, along with the following benefits:
- In-house team of highly qualified, full-time medical experts—The mySuccess Short-Term Rehabilitation program team of physicians, registered nurses and licensed nurse practitioners specialize in orthopedic care, wound care, cardiac care, cardiopulmonary care, stroke care, medically complex patients and more, to provide patients 24-hour access to clinical providers.
- High quality standards and patient outcome that exceed national averages – mySuccess is the only CARF-certified program associated with a skilled nursing facility in the Rochester area, meaning it is held to the highest standards in quality and patient outcomes. Its patient health improvement scores and discharge to community rates are higher than the national average—with an average of 75 percent of patients returning to their homes as opposed to a residential care community.
- Leading technology and programs to improve mobility, strength and confidence –mySuccess features the latest in speech, physical and occupational therapy, and it is the only post-acute care provider in Monroe County to offer the following:
- Solo-Step Fall Protection and Balance System, in which users wear a harness attached to a 360-degree swivel lanyard connected to a high-performance trolley on an aluminum track. The trolley inserts into the track allowing patients to move along the track as needed. The Solo-Step System increases safety and provides confidence, allowing the patient to focus on their rehab instead of the fear of falling.
- The Readiness Suite is a fully functional apartment where patients and family members can work with therapists to prepare for performing daily tasks such as getting in and out of the shower, making the bed and creating meals.
- Homelike design with hotel-quality amenities – Like Jewish Senior Life’s long-term care homes, the overall design concept was inspired by The Green House Project, an innovative model of care that encourages a home-like model of care instead of the hospital-like model that is present in many long-term care and post-acute care organizations today. Patients recovering at mySuccess can enjoy amenities such as restaurant-style dining, private rooms and showers, flat-screen TVs, in-room Google Home and phone, hotel-quality linens, spa robes, cocktail and dessert carts, beauty salon services, massage services, complimentary internet, satellite TV and daily newspaper delivery.
For more information about mySuccess or to schedule a tour, visit www.mySuccessRehab.org.
Media Inquiries: Chelsea Wagner, Partners + Napier
Contact: Jane Knickerbocker, Vice President of Marketing