We know that our residents, their families, our staff and others have concerns about how the COVID-19 respiratory disease is impacting us at Jewish Senior Life. We share those concerns. Our residents’ safety, and that of our employees, is our primary responsibility. We instituted preventive measures earlier this month, and effective Friday, March 13, 2020 we are taking the following additional steps to minimize risk to our residents and staff.
- Beginning at 12 noon on Friday March 13, family members and visitors will not be allowed inside any buildings on campus. (Note: biometric fingerprint scanning at entrances will be disconnected.) Exceptions may be requested if a visitation is deemed critical to the health of the resident, or if there is an end of life situation.
Families may communicate with their loved ones virtually via Skype or FaceTime. You may contact your loved one’s social worker to speak to them or to arrange a virtual call.
- All resident outings across campus have been postponed until further notice.
- All resident gatherings across campus are limited to 15 people maximum. All previously planned gatherings of 15 people or more have been cancelled. Enrichment programming will now be held in small groups.
- External medical appointments for Jewish Home residents are not permitted, unless deemed critically necessary.
- The Jewish Home Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- Beginning at 3pm on Friday March 13, all staff members entering any buildings on campus will be required to participate in a temperature screening.
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our residents and staff. We are in close contact with the local and state health departments and are following their guidelines. Please be assured we are taking every measure across the Jewish Senior Life campus to prevent this virus from entering any of our buildings, thereby protecting our residents, their families and our staff from exposure.
We will continue to provide updates on our website home page, jewishseniorlife.org, as well as our mobile app, JSL Connect.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michele Schirano, Jewish Home of Rochester at 784-6484, or Susan Bussey, Housing (Summit at Brighton, Wolk, and Lodge at Wolk Manor), at 341-2301. Thank you for your continued support.
Dr. Marie Aydelotte, Vice President of Medical Services
Michele Schirano, RN Senior Vice President/Administrator Jewish Home of Rochester
Susan Bussey, Senior Vice President Senior Housing