Dear Jewish Senior Life Community:
On behalf of Jewish Senior Life, we want to thank everyone for your support and continued cooperation during these very challenging times. We remain closed to visitors based upon the Federal/State guidelines. We will continue to deliver packages that are dropped off for your loved ones at our front desks. Our clinical teams, composed of both medical and nursing, continue to monitor our residents for any respiratory and flu-like symptoms.
Many of our families have taken advantage of our outstanding technology and are now “Face Timing” and/or “Skyping” with their loved ones. We are streaming entertainment, movies, music, and exercise classes on our dedicated JSL channels to everyone.
Our infection control practices across the campus are now exceeding the guidelines from the CDC and Department of Health for COVID-19. For example:
- We have an ultraviolet disinfecting machine, the same as many hospitals use, to help eradicate and enhance our infection control practices. Any area deemed useful, we disinfect with the Rapid Disinfecting Unit (also known as R-D), which is now programmed to help us with the fight against COVID-19.
- JSL recently purchased a SteriMist Surface Unit to aid in general disinfecting procedures as well as fight against COVID-19. This system is the ultimate tool in disinfecting any space. It will allow us to disinfect all types of surfaces – including high touch, sensitive equipment and electronics.
- Dedicated staff are now disinfecting “high touch” areas every day around our campus.
- Our supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is adequate. We now have all staff across JSL wearing masks while at work.
- Free meals continue for all our staff. We just rolled out last week a “Weekly Food Pantry” for all employees. Free items are given out every Tuesday.
We, at Jewish Senior Life, continue the fight to ensure the safety and well-being of those entrusted in our care.