The Atkin Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation provides multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for adults who have more complex medical issues, assisting them in remaining in their own homes. With a spectrum of therapy services, as well as specific treatments for a range of health issues, participants visit us for the therapy they need to return to their highest level of independence. Our experienced therapists work in a team approach in order to provide comprehensive support. We offer physical, occupational, speech & language therapies in one location to support recovery and build patient strength and confidence to get back to fuller functioning and living.
All our campus buildings follow the JSLAdvantage™ program, a unique, comprehensive and rigorous sanitization process to protect residents and staff across campus from the spread of COVID-19. Learn more about JSLAdvantage here.
“The staff was knowledgeable, pleasant, efficient and punctual.“ – Jackie, Client
Most commonly, we see patients whose abilities have been affected by the following:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Head injuries
- General neurological disorders
- Imbalance/gait disturbances
- Head and/or neck surgeries or injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Dizziness, disequilibrium & vertigo
- Orthopedic injury
Our individualized treatment programs include the following:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Swallowing therapy
- Orthopedic and spine rehabilitation
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) Big and Loud*
- DriveOn program therapy**
- Bioness L300 and H200 NMES systems
- Manual therapy
- Transportation within Monroe County
* LSVT Big and Loud is a treatment that helps those recovering from Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders regain strength and improve clarity in their speech.The Atkin Center’s certified clinicians provide LSVT care across all disciplines (PT, OT, and SLP).
**We have partnered with Rochester Rehabilitation’s DriveOn program to help seniors drive safely, comfortably and stress-free. Our occupational therapists work with DriveOn’s experienced driver specialists to evaluate driving ability and create a customized driver training program to help older drivers maintain their driving independence.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, fill out the form below or call (585) 784-6530. Please provide a valid phone number and email address so we can get back to you.