COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Communications
Jewish Senior Life is committed to the care and safety of our residents and employees during this challenging time. We continue to follow the guidance and directives from federal, state and local agencies, and will keep residents and their families informed and updated. Family conference calls continue with Michele Schirano RN, Senior Vice President & Administrator of the Jewish Home; Susan Bussey, Senior Vice President of Housing; and Marie Aydelotte MD, Medical Director.
Any questions, please email our COVID-19 dedicated email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A number of measures have been put in place to protect our residents and staff:
- Visitations continue to be restricted across our campus.
- All employees are screened upon arrival every day, for every shift. This includes taking temperatures and screening for signs of respiratory illness.
- All employees must wear masks and any employee within 6 feet of residents must wear protective face shields.
- Infection prevention and control procedures are in place. This includes handwashing and wearing of gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE), of which there is sufficient inventory. Social distancing of at least six feet is monitored and strictly enforced.
- Our SteraMist® disinfecting equipment has been deployed across campus. It is proven effective in the fight against the COVID-19 virus.
- Help on Demand (HOD) training for non-clinical staff has been conducted. In anticipation any of potential clinical staffing challenges, they will be able to assist with meals, cleaning, stocking supplies, transport, and other duties.
Jewish Senior Life’s Recreational Therapy team is incredibly dedicated to keeping residents active, engaged and connected with loved ones. Activities include:
- One-on-one staff visits including playing cards, games and reading stories
- Hallway Bingo
- Travelling “Art Cart”
- Travelling Happy Hour and snack carts
- Virtual events including Passover Seder
- Entertainment programming on internal TVs including religious services, live music, exercise and more
- Family window visits
- Family video visits
- We encourage families to send pictures or videos to their loved ones:
We encourage you to follow us on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jewishseniorlife/ to see photos and videos of what’s happening here on campus. The Jewish Senior Life family greatly appreciates your support as work together to keep our residents safe, comfortable, and engaged. Thank you.