How You Can Help
Private generosity makes a critical difference, enabling Jewish Senior Life to sustain the community and serve our mission. Your investment allows Jewish Senior Life to seek innovative options, helping people age meaningfully and with dignity. See the impact of your gift for yourself by clicking here. Please join us to support the work of the Foundation.
The Foundation supports the sustainability of the Jewish Senior Life community. Invest today in the mission of the Jewish Senior Life Foundation through:
- Annual Giving – an annual donation as a friend or leader in our community of philanthropists
- Tribute Giving– a tribute gift in honor, or in memory of your loved one(s)
- Corporate Sponsorship – a community partnership with business
- Creating a Legacy – consider an estate gift
- Designating Support by Need – creating a special purpose fund or support the Power of One campaign
Make Your Gift
- Online: You can make a secure, on-line donation right now using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card.
- Recurring Gifts: A donation can be charged to your credit card monthly or quarterly. To make a change to your gift, simply call the Foundation at (585) 784-6384 and we’ll take care of it.
- Pay by Check: To make a contribution through the mail, simply send your check to: Jewish Senior Life Foundation 2021 Winton Road South, Rochester, NY 14618
- Getting Together: Our staff is happy to sit with you & discuss your giving interests. Please contact us (585) 784-6384 or email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
The Foundation appreciates that you may have personal financial goals in addition to your philanthropic goals. We are happy to work* with you and your financial advisors to discuss giving through:
*The Jewish Senior Life Foundation does not provide legal or accounting advice. Supporters are encouraged to consult their personal estate and/or tax advisers concerning specific charitable planning and arrangement.
Our Community of Philanthropists
We encourage you to join our giving societies:
- Platinum Circle: the circle of caring donors who invest a minimum of $1,500 annually
- Golden Alliance: the leadership giving society of donors who invest a minimum of $500 annually
- Friends of the Foundation: the generous donors who invest up to $499 annually
All donors at the Leadership level of $500 or more will:
- Be invited to participate in special, cultural and educational events throughout the year;
- Be highlighted in our Annual Report distributed to our community annually;
- Be recognized on both the Golden Alliance and Platinum Circle donor wall at the Jewish Home, and during various Foundation events during the year; and
- Be invited to our Signature Summer Awards dinner.
Tributes: Celebrating & Remembering
Funds raised through tribute and memorial giving allows Jewish Senior Life to redefine care with an approach that nurtures the whole person: mind, body and spirit.
How can you help? Make a gift to remember a loved one or to recognize care that a family member receives at the Jewish Home. Or honor the specials occasions of loved ones for birthdays, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings and anniversaries. With each tribute, an acknowledgement will be sent to your honoree or honoree’s family notifying them of your thoughtful gift.
Tribute donations can be made securely online here, by mail, or by calling us at (585) 784-6384.
Other Ways to Remember a Loved One
Memorial plaques may be inscribed with your loved one’s name and date of death and placed in the Joseph Silverstein Memorial Court outside the Goldberg Center at the Jewish Home. To learn more about memorial plaques and perpetual observances, please contact Peggy Glitch, of Jewish Senior Life Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 784-6376. Plaques may be inscribed with a minimum donation of $250.
Supporting the Community. Strengthening your Business.
The Jewish Senior Life Corporate Partners program gives you the chance to make a lasting impact in the community and create lasting value for your company. Learn more about the program here.
Thank you to our 2017-18 Corporate Partners.
You can do more than you imagine.
Keep the flames alive forever with an endowment gift.
You can do more than you might imagine to help us keep that flame alive for years to come by establishing an endowment fund with the Jewish Senior Life Foundation. By making a gift to the Jewish Senior Life endowment, you will ensure that quality services are always available to the elderly of Rochester and our surrounding communities and delivered within a tradition-valued environment.
Your investment will help ensure that we are always able to reach our goals and serve our mission. Please contact us to discuss your personal philanthropic goals. Learn more here.
Designating Support by Need
Over the years, the generosity of individuals and families has led to the creation of a variety of funds that are used for a wide range of purposes. These were established with a minimum gift of $10 thousand and support programs and activities that would not otherwise have a source of funding. Learn more about our Endowment Funds here.