Ways to Give
Ways to Give
Private generosity makes a critical difference, enabling Jewish Senior Life to sustain the community and serve our mission. Your investment allows Jewish Senior Life to seek innovative options, helping people age meaningfully and with dignity. See the impact of your gift for yourself by clicking here. Please join us to support the work of the Foundation.
Now, more than ever, we need your help in order to continue to care for all those in our community. The needs of those we serve threaten to outpace our resources. Many seniors are living longer and longer and, through no fault of their own, their financial resources just aren’t enough to see them through. We are innovating every step of the way to ensure quality of life for seniors and peace of mind for their families—all while maintaining a commitment to choice, dignity, compassion, and meaning. Today marks a new chapter in the history of Jewish Senior Life. Together, let’s turn the page… With your help, our residents can live longer and live better. We invite you to join us in supporting these critical areas:
- Greatest Need/Unrestricted Support
- Annual Giving
- Tribute (Honor/Memorial) Giving
- Yahrzeit Giving
- Legacy Giving
- Corporate Sponsorship Giving
- Miriam’s Circle Giving
- Resident Enrichment
- Jewish Education/Spiritual Care
- Employee Appreciation/Scholarships
- Health Education
- Memory Care
- Campus Improvements
- Summit at Brighton and the Lodge at Wolk Manor Expansion
Make Your Gift
- Online: You can make a secure, on-line donation right now using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card.
- Recurring Gifts: A donation can be charged to your credit card monthly or quarterly. To make a change to your gift, simply call the Foundation at (585) 784-6384 and we’ll take care of it.
- Pay by Check: To make a contribution through the mail, simply send your check to: Jewish Senior Life Foundation 2021 Winton Road South, Rochester, NY 14618
- Getting Together: Our staff is happy to sit with you & discuss your giving interests. Please contact us (585) 784-6384 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
The Foundation appreciates that you may have personal financial goals in addition to your philanthropic goals. We are happy to work with you and your financial advisors to discuss giving through:
The Jewish Senior Life Foundation does not provide legal or accounting advice. Supporters are encouraged to consult their personal estate and/or tax advisers concerning specific charitable planning and arrangement.
Our Community of Philanthropists
We encourage you to join our giving societies:
- Platinum Circle: the circle of caring donors who invest $1,500 or more annually
- Golden Alliance: the leadership giving society of donors who invest $500 or more annually
- Friends of the Foundation: the generous donors who invest up to $499 annually
- Miriam’s Circle: a special giving program founded and funded by women
All donors at the Leadership level of $500 or more will:
- Be invited to participate in special, cultural and educational events throughout the year;
- Be highlighted in our Annual Report distributed to our community annually;
- Be recognized on both the Golden Alliance and Platinum Circle donor wall at the Jewish Home, and during various Foundation events during the year; and
- Be invited to our Annual Golden Alliance/Platinum Circle Event
Tributes: Celebrating & Remembering
Funds raised through tribute and memorial giving allows Jewish Senior Life to redefine care with an approach that nurtures the whole person: mind, body and spirit.
How can you help? Make a gift to remember a loved one or to recognize care that a family member receives at the Jewish Senior Life. Or honor the specials occasions of loved ones for birthdays, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings and anniversaries. With each tribute, an acknowledgement will be sent to your honoree or honoree’s family notifying them of your thoughtful gift.
Tribute donations can be made securely online here, by mail, or by calling us at (585) 784-6384.
Other Ways to Remember a Loved One
Our yahrzeit memorial plaques are moving to a digital platform in 2019. Each digital plaque will preserve your loved one’s name and date of death outside of the Goldberg Center in the Jewish Home Farash Tower. To learn more about how you can purchase a digital yahrzeit memorial plaque, please contact the Foundation office at (585) 784-6384 or email@example.com.
Supporting the Community. Strengthening your Business.
The Jewish Senior Life Corporate Partners program gives you the chance to make a lasting impact in the community and create lasting value for your company. Learn more about the program here.
Thank you to our 2019-20 Corporate Partners.
You can do more than you imagine.
Keep the flames alive forever with a legacy gift.
You can do more than you might imagine to help us keep that flame alive for years to come by establishing a legacy gift through: an endowment fund, charitable gift annuity, your will, retirement plan, life insurance plan, assets, or through a trust. By making a legacy gift to the Jewish Senior Life Foundation, you will ensure that quality services are always available to the elderly of Rochester and our surrounding communities and delivered within a tradition-valued environment.
Jewish Senior Life Foundation is one of sixteen Jewish organizations locally who participate in the Harold Grinspoon Foundation’s Life & Legacy program. The goal of this four-year partnership program is to provide Jewish federations and foundations the tools and education they need to promote after-lifetime giving to benefit Jewish communities across North America. Since 2018, 565 participating organizations have secured more than 21,600 legacy commitments with an estimated value of just under $800 million of which $87 million has already been placed in organizational endowments. Each year, participating organizations are eligible to receive grant funds from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation based on their success in signing letters of intent with legacy donors. To learn more about the Life & Legacy program, please check out the program website.
Over the years, the generosity of individuals and families has led to the creation of a variety of funds that are used for a wide range of purposes. These were established with a minimum gift of $10 thousand and support programs and activities that would not otherwise have a source of funding. Learn more about our Endowment Funds here.
Your investment will help ensure that we are able to reach our goals and serve our mission for years to come. To learn more about how to make a legacy gift, please contact our Executive Director, David Pasternack: (585) 784-6375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.