Jewish Home of Rochester
“I feel well taken care of.”
The Jewish Home of Rochester provides comprehensive services in an environment of warmth and dignity to adults in need of long-term care, including the following:
- Nursing—Experienced, compassionate, highly skilled registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and certified nursing assistants (CNAs) provide around-the-clock care every day of the week.
- Medical—Comprehensive medical services tailored to seniors, including our full-time, on-site medical team that specializes in geriatric medicine. We also have physicians who specialize in ophthalmology, podiatry, dentistry, radiology, psychiatry and pharmacology.
- Recreation Therapy—We encompass the social, educational, recreational and spiritual needs of residents though a wide array of activities and programs that bring variety and stimulation to each day.
- Social Work—Professional social workers provide counseling, emotional support, crisis intervention and guidance through both individual consultation and family conferences.
Long-term care at the Jewish Home includes the following:
- Skilled nursing care—24 hours/day
- Private rooms
- Restaurant-style dining for all meals
- Medication management
- Laundry service
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy (including swallowing therapy)
- Massage therapy
- Alternative therapy, including Tai Chi and yoga
- Therapeutic Recreation, including pet therapy
- Senior Fit and other exercise programs
- Chaplain services
- Palliative and End of Life care
The Jewish Home of Rochester has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes 2020-21. The Jewish Home was ranked as High-Performing for both Long-Term Care and Short-Term Rehabilitation. Of the 617 nursing homes in New York State, only 8% received the High-Performing rating in both categories.
We’re taking person-centered care to the next level by updating our campus to provide even more choice, autonomy and control for all residents across our various services to deliver an even more enriching, engaging environment.
We’ve constructed nine homes for long-term care residents on our campus called Green House Cottages and have renovated the Jewish Home Farash Tower to incorporate a similar model, with households on each floor. All residents have private bedroom suites with personal bathrooms.