Music can be another very powerful tool for older adults — connecting our brains to life events and helping us recall various memories. Jewish Senior Life offers the MUSIC & MEMORY program that brings music into the lives of seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive and physical challenges. With help from family, certified staff members create and provide personalized playlists using iPods and related digital audio systems that enable those struggling with memory disorders to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories. These music selections tap into emotions and special events that are unique to an individual, which otherwise may have been lost.
- Jewish Senior Life Donates Furniture to Local Organizations In Need
- Jewish Senior Life Announces Dr. Azanaw Tassew Appointed as Associate Medical Director of Transitional Care
- Jewish Senior Life’s myPath Program Helps Stroke Patients Regain Independence
- Jewish Senior Life Offers Education Opportunities through Roberts Wesleyan College
- Jewish Home of Rochester Hosts Hanukkah Celebration