Jewish Home of Rochester
“The concept of living as if you were in your own home is very, very exciting.”
We care for you and care about you
Care here comes in many forms. Much of the time it’s physical or medical, but there is also an ever-present attention to emotional care. Whether it’s taking the time to look at photographs of a resident’s grandchildren, talking about one of their recent activities or simply saying hi with a smile every morning, this “family” culture is at the core of who we are and why our quality of care is well known in the community.
The highly trained, on-site medical staff are employees—which enables them to provide consistent care and helps foster deeper bonds between our residents and staff. What’s more, our interdisciplinary team works collaboratively to provide a total-care approach, customized for each resident’s needs.
Green House Homes
We’re taking person-centered care to the next level by updating our campus to provide even more choice, autonomy and control for all residents across our various services to deliver an even more enriching, engaging environment.
In conjunction with the Green House Project©, we’ve constructed nine “small homes” called the Green House Cottages for long-term care residents on our campus and are renovating the Jewish Home to incorporate a similar model, with households on each floor, which will be completed in early 2019. All residents will have private bedroom suites with personal bathrooms. To learn more about our campus transformation, click here. To learn more about the Green House Project, click here.
Who better to talk about the care we provide than one of our long time residents? Click the video to learn what Bill has to say about his experience at The Jewish Home.
At the Jewish Home, individuals can receive a range of services, including:
- Long-Term Care for those who require ongoing health care and assistance with daily activities
- Transitional Care for individuals who need short-term inpatient care after a hospitalization
- Outpatient Rehabilitation for community members who need therapies that help in their ability to live at home
- Memory Care for those requiring full-time care in a caring and safe environment
- Adult Day Health Care Program in which members benefit from health care, recreational therapy and socialization during the day