October 16, 2018 – We’re pleased to announce that we are entering the fourth year of Better Together, the intergenerational program that brings together residents of Jewish Senior Life and students from Hillel Community Day School to connect with and learn from each other on a regular basis. This year, the program has grown to include 21 Jewish Senior Life residents and 21 Hillel students participating, making it the biggest class yet.
“We’re proud to partner with the Hillel School in this important program, and grateful for the support of the Jewish Senior Life Foundation in making this program possible,” said Mike King, president and CEO at Jewish Senior Life.
The first event of the year, Getting to Know You, took place on September 18. Following is the preliminary calendar of events for the remainder of 2018:
- October 18, Challah Bread Baking
- November 11, Veterans Day
- December 2, Chanukah
- January 21, Martin Luther King Day
- February 18, Presidents Day
- March 7, Passover/Spring
- April 18, Present of the Past
- May 2, Holocaust Remembrance Day (At Hillel with Destiny Christian School)
- May 23, Jewel of the Genesee-Talents
- June, End of Year Celebration
To learn more about the Better Together program, contact Meghan Bevins, Director of Therapeutic Recreation, at (585) 784-6551.