(October 26, 2023 – ROCHESTER, NY) On Wednesday, October 25, Jewish Senior Life presented 9 employees with Arthur & Louise Wasserman Employee Recognition Awards. Founded in 1984 by Arthur Wasserman and his three sisters, staff were honored at an annual reception hosted at Jewish Home of Rochester. The Wasserman family was inspired to make this gift in honor of their aunts, Sarah Lehrer and Dorothy Silver. Sarah and Dorothy were residents of the Jewish Home and received outstanding care from dedicated and attentive staff.
Nominees are recognized by the co-workers and supervisors with whom they interact on a daily basis. The 2023 awardees are employed in a variety of roles across the Jewish Senior Life campus:
- Dining Services Award — Brandon Cooper, Receiving Purchasing Specialist
- Direct Services Award — Melody Territo, NMT, Music Therapist
- Environmental Services Award — Melbourne Douglas, Environmental Services Technician
- Indirect Services Award — Austin Dow, Mechanic
- Nursing Assistant Award — Seema Bassi, CNA
- Nursing Assistant Award — Sunita Anand, CNA
- Nursing Award — Stephanie O’Malley, LPN
- Nursing Award — Debra Sims-Hall, LPN
- Supervisor Award — Margaret Zlotnick, Speech Pathologist Supervisor
“We are pleased to recognize people who go the extra mile each day to provide compassionate care and great service to the people we serve,” says Kim Oliver, Director of Human Resources at Jewish Senior Life. She continues, “These awards are made possible through the generosity of the Wassermans through Jewish Senior Life Foundation; and they allow peers to celebrate top performers who exceed expectations and provide superior care every day.”
For more information or media inquiries, please contact Stacey Rowe at 585.784.6369.